Report Abuse

Skip to main content

Blog #23 - Ronald Huntley


My name is Ronald Huntley. 

I went to Gallaudet in 1966 for Summer School and it was my first time and I learned  ASL.  

In my "hearing" high school, I had no interpreters and had to get notes from my friends  that I participated in the track team. My coaches would not let me play any sports  because I'm Deaf. I spent three years on the track team before I went to Gallaudet. My  Vice Principal helped me prepare for the entrance test for Gallaudet College. 

When I arrived at Gallaudet College in fall of 1966 and stayed one year, I met my friend,  Bob Nanny from my hometown in Massachusetts. 

My first job was at Morgan Memorial in Boston, MA for four years and I worked at Bank  of Boston for 19 years. Afterwards I had no job for six years. Finally, I got the job at  Putnam Investment in my hometown - Franklin for 13 years before I retired. 

My wife and I got married in April 1971 and have one son. My best vacation was  Florida with my wife and son. 

I played softball with the hearing team for 23 years as well as my company team. I have a new dog - a female toy poodle and she is so cute. 

Stay safe and take care and hope to meet you on campus or anywhere in the future.