Report Abuse

Skip to main content

Blog #9 - Steven Frank


1966/67 Memories at Gallaudet College  

I arrived at Krug Hall in June 1966 for Summer school for six weeks at Gallaudet  College. About 75 students including Sign Language Classes (I think so) were there. I  remember that I met John Egbert. There were a lot of activities which were fun. I also  remember that we went to the lake at a quarry in Baltimore twice. 

In late August, I arrived at College Hall for the first and second semester. I had two  roommates who were Fred Orr and Richard Meunier. Our room faced across Kendall  Hall on the mall. I was so happy to stay on the first floor because it was a short walk to  SUL (StudentUnion Lounge). 

About two months later, I finished my homework and I gotout of my room. I saw many  mischievous prep boys having a toilet paper fight between the first and fourth floor. 

Another month, there was a shaving cream fight again.They were having so much fun  and laughing. Frank Turk (with crew cut), who was Dean of Preparatory Students, came  and saw them with a stern look on his face. 

Do you remember what happened with events and fights at College Hall? Did you take  some pictures?