Report Abuse

Skip to main content

DYK #13 -Fanny Yeh Corderoy du Tiers - Dancing Hands




Fanny Yeh Corderoy du Tiers was filmed in many videos  by French TV Channel 5 with a special program for the Deaf called “L’Oeil  et la Main” (The Eye and the Hand). There are about 15 videos of her with  other actors around 1995-2001 and are preserved in the TV’s archives.  

 Fanny and Levent Beskardes performed together the poem, “My  Dancing Hands” written by Fanny. The poem was translated using  choreographing gestures gracefully.  

“My Dancing Hands” 

With my hands I can build bridges 

From mountains to clouds 

Winter’s stark trees 

Spring’s sunshine on bird’s wings 

Summer’s butterflies 

Autumn’s leaves swirling meet the earth 

All dance on my finger tips 

The video can be found in https://youtu.be/9UI9INnH3Og

Enjoy.