Report Abuse

Skip to main content

Vlog #38: Karen Kingrey


 

Click the video link at: https://youtu.be/p7YwcpGiPhk

 

Transcript (prepared by Barbara Hong Richardson for our blind class members):

 

Hello Classmates of 1971,

 

I am Karen Kingrey.

 

I want to share with you.  I entered Gallaudet in the fall of 1966 and left Gallaudet in January of 1968.

 

One year later I entered NTID and stayed there for almost 2 years.

 

Guess what?  That will surprise you.  I graduated from NTID/RIT in June of 1971.  When I was at the graduation (ceremony) wearing my cap and gown, I thought of the Class of 1971 at Gallaudet.  I knew that they graduated in the same year I graduated – June 1971.  I could picture you (being) at Gallaudet (and) that showed I didn’t forget my Class of 1971 at Gallaudet.  I always care for Gallaudet classmates of 1971.

 

I am blessed that I graduated at NTID in the year of 1971. I will always care for NTID/RIT and Gallaudet in the same year.

 

I love you (in ASL sign). I hug all Gallaudet classmates.

 

Stay safe.  Wear masks. Stay safe.  I love you (in ASL sign)